Monday, March 19, 2007

Prohose and coogs

We made it into Vail about 3:30pm. Mike & Ron were having an extended ski weekend in from Milwaukee, and Marty was with them for the day. We had drinks and chips & salsa at a Mexican restaurant at the base of Chair 16.

I always liked Vail but the snow is almost gone. I bet they were shoveling under the lifts at base today. MV says much fog and slop on top. Vertigo city. So I am off the hook as far as going skiing is concerned. Next year I will start again, maybe.

East to Breckenridge and MLHS alum Greg G's pad. Thanks again Greg. Ron went back to his condo in town with Mike in tow. Alex, Marty and I went over there for cocktails in the hot tub and pool. Since the families at poolside became appalled at our blatant alcohol consumption and heavy use of profane language we ended up getting the facilities all to ourselves.

Out on the town we went. I managed to get way more drunk than I like, even though I was pouring my Jameson shots into my finished soup (again, I am sorry Marty, don't take it personally) instead of into my belly.

Got up early to have breakfast with Kuhl, who happened to be in Breck on vacation too. I went back to the same restaurant with everyone else later on. Columbine Cafe on Main in Breckenridge, CO - highly recommended for breakfast.

No comments: