Friday, March 9, 2007

Rolling on the rails: Stop #8 - Spokane, WA

Heh heh heh. Wow. I re-edited this posting a little since cleaning up and relaxing a bit.

Many of us awoke at 3am to some kid screaming. It was a little rough but ear pulgs helped. They are sleeping right now. I am just itching to go over by them and wake them by popping a balloon or give them the basic training drill sergeant routine. But I won’t. Seat all to myself, I shoud be grateful. The last time through Spokane - that time it was this chick that sat by me and described all of the men that stalk her, her three different unrelated children, and her current catch who was the manager at the area Old Spaghetti Factory restaurant. Got no sleep that run.

There is some pretty scenery through the Cascades. Got some pics but it’s hard to get shots from a moving platform. We went through the Cascade Tunnel – 7.79 miles long and 500 feet below Stevens Pass. Nice and solid - that’s were we can all live when the Russians or Martians invade.

No comments: